Your meatball sub is watching you...
• 500g minced turkey thigh
• 1/2 onion, finely diced
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• 100g firm mozzarella
• 12 pitted black olives
• 1 jar pasta sauce
• 4 sub rolls, lightly toasted
• Extra mozzarella to serve
1. Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan. Add the onions and cook gently until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
2. Remove from the heat.
3. Add the onion mix and oregano to the turkey mince, and mix thoroughly.
4. Shape into 12 meatballs and arrange in an oven dish.
5. From the mozzarella, shape 12 small round disks. Place one of these firmly on top of each meatball.
6. Slice thin circles of olive and put these on top of the mozzarella disks.
7. Spoon the pasta sauce around the meatball.
8. Bake for 25 minutes at 180C.
9. Split and lightly toast a sub roll, and melt mozzarella on one inside half.
10. Spoon some pasta sauce into the sub roll, then add the eyeballs and serve!