An Elvis sandwich on another level! Peanut butter, bacon and banana bread... EPIC
• 3 ripe bananas, chopped
• 2 eggs
• 125 grams soft light brown sugar
• 125 milliliters milk
• 275 grams plain flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 100 grams butter
• 4 rashers of bacon
• 50 grams crunchy peanut butter + more for sandwich
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas mark 3 and grease and line the base and sides of a 1 pound loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. Slice two bananas into small discs and sauté with 25 grams of the butter and the brown sugar for 4-5 minutes until the bananas are starting to soften. Remove from the heat and mash with a fork or potato masher until the mixture is mostly smooth with just a few lumps of banana - they should disintegrate fairly quickly. Stir the remaining butter into the warm mashed banana, add crunchy peanut butter and allow it to melt.
3. Pour the milk into the mashed banana mixture and stir to combine, followed by the eggs. Mix the flour and baking powder together in a large bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until the mixture is smooth and no lumps of flour remain. Don't over mix at this stage, or the resulting banana bread will be tough. Scrape the batter into the prepared tin and smooth over the top.
4. Slice the remaining banana in half and place on the top of the cake. Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes, or until the cake is risen and golden and a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then
5. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
6. Fry the bacon and slice the banana bread. Make a sandwich, spreading with crunchy peanut butter and putting bacon in the centre before enjoying!