Trying to reduce your plastic waste? Eat your cutlery.
• 120 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
• 200 grams packed light brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 400 grams plain flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 50 grams dark chocolate chips, roughly chopped
• 30 grams butter
• 70 grams mini marshmallows
• 30 grams white/milk chocolate
• 75 grams Rice Krispies or 75 grams Coco Pops
• Extra 200 grams white/milk chocolate
1. Make the spoons and cups: put the butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl and cream together with an electric whisk, then beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add in the flour, salt and chocolate chips and bring together. Tip out onto a work surface and roll out to 0.5 centimetres thick. Roll out to 5 millimetres thick and use a small knife to cut out four spoon shapes, using a real spoon as a guide. Put each cookie spoon on top of a real spoon and smooth the edges, then put onto a tray and into the fridge for 1 hour to firm up. Take a golf ball-sized lump of cookie dough and put it into a muffin mould. Use a long shot glass to push the dough up the sides of the tin, so it comes just over the edge, and the bottom and sides are flat. Repeat with three more lumps then put the tray into the fridge for one hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan) and bake the cookies for 15 minutes. Leave to cool on their moulds, then carefully release them and put to one side.
3. Make the bowls: For one bowl, melt the butter, marshmallows and chocolate in a glass bowl over gently simmering water. Make sure the bowl isn’t touching the water below. Once melted, stir the mixture together and tip in the puffed rice - stirring quickly to bring it together. Lightly wipe the inside of the bowl mould with oil, and lightly grease your hands. Tip the rice mixture into the mould and use your hands to spread it around and press it into the mould. Freeze for 10 minutes, then put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Coat the utensils with chocolate: Melt chocolate of your choice in a glass bowl set over simmering water. Put a wire rack over a baking tray to catch any chocolate drips. Once the chocolate has melted, dip the spoon into it, leaving the end of the handle uncovered. Put it onto the wire rack to set.
5. Spoon chocolate into the cups and roll it around in your hands to completely cover the inside. Repeat with the bowls. Leave to set in the fridge with the cookie spoons for 30 minutes.