Pick your favourite fruits and make awesome little cakes using this cake tin hack!
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 100g granulated sugar
• 3 slices of tinned pineapple
• 3 maraschino cherries
• 3 peach halves, for a tin
• 195g plain flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 115g unsalted butter, at room temperature
• 200g granulated sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 125ml whole milk
1. Preheat your oven to 180C.
2. Make the sugar glaze. Place a small saucepan over a low heat and add the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the sugar and stir it gently.
3. Pour the sugar glaze equally between a 6 hole large muffin tin. To 3 of the holes add a slice of tinned pineapple and a maraschino cherry and to the other 3, add a peach half.
4. To make the cake, cream the butter and sugar together with a hand mixer. Add the eggs one by one then add the dry ingredients and milk in alternating batches.
5. Top the fruits with the cake batter and if necessary, smooth the tops with a spatula.
6. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
7. Once baked, invert the muffin tin onto a cooling rack. Let the cakes settle for a minute, and then remove the muffin tin. Do not let the cake cool or you will not get it out of the pan!
8. Serve with pouring cream.