How to make Earl Grey Tea Cookies
• 250 grams salted butter
• 3 or 4 Earl Grey teabags
• 50 milliliters milk
• 140 grams caster sugar
• 325 grams plain flour
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
1. Melt the butter in the microwave and empty 2 or 3 of the tea bags into it. Stir to distribute evenly and then leave to set in fridge. Warm milk gently in microwave and add a teabag to infuse (not opened!) Once both are cooled you can bake!
2. Rub together the butter and the flour until you have a fine breadcrumb like texture.
3. Stir in the sugar and vanilla paste and then the egg. Add the milk until the dough comes together. Cling film and then chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Roll out until a thickness of about 2 centimeters and cut out whatever shapes you fancy- tea bag shapes welcome!
5. Chill in the fridge to harden up again (to keep their shape) while the oven preheats to 160c (180 fan). Bake for 10-12 minutes until they're golden brown. Leave to cool and harden on a baking tray.