How to make a Vietnamese Duck Salad. Recipe by Sam Stern.
• 2 duck breasts
• 1-2 Romaine Lettuce
• 1 Mango
• 2 handfuls of radishes
• A large handful of mint
• A large handful of coriander
• 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
• 2tablespoonnfish sauce
• 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Preheat your oven to 200c/180 fan
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat with no oil. Score the duck breasts with a sharp knife and season generously with the smoked sea salt and pepper.
3. Season the underside of the breast a little too. Place the duck, skin side down, into the frying pan and cook for around 3 minutes until golden and crisp. Seal off the other side of the breast quickly before pouring off the fat. Place in the oven for 6-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the duck and how pink you like it. Remove and allow to rest.
4. Make your dressing by combining all the ingredients in a bowl
5. Prep the duck by cutting into thin slices. The lettuce by tearing into bite sized pieces.
6. The mango by peeling and cutting into batons. The radishes by cutting into thin slices.
7. Put the lettuce into a bowl and coat in the dressing. Top with the mango, radish, duck slices and torn mint and coriander.