Granny's favourite recipe gets an updated look
• 300 grams coconut sugar
• 130 grams of coconut oil
• 250 grams Greek or coconut yogurt
• 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
• 175 grams buckwheat flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• Zest of 1 lemon, plus 2 tablespoon juice
• Zest of 1 lime, plus 2 tablespoon juice
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons of lime juice
• 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
• Desiccated Coconut for sprinkling
• Zest of 1 lime
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and line a muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Cream the coconut sugar and oil in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the yoghurt and eggs until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
4. Pour the wet mix into the dry mix. Add the lemon and lime juice, zests and vanilla. Mix gently then divide between the holes of the tin.
5. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
6. Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool. Heat the lemon juice and maple syrup drizzle on a low heat in a pot, then once it's combined well pour over the cakes and sprinkle over the desiccated coconut and lime zest.