Forget about plain old chips. Have chips made out of halloumi, instead
• 2 blocks halloumi
• 300 milliliters cold lager
• 225 grams plain flour
• 1 free range egg, separated
• Chopped tomatoes
• Salt and pepper
• Mixed herbs
1. Chop the halloumi into sticks.
2. Whip up the egg white until stiff and set aside. Blend the egg yolk, lager and flour together. Fold through the egg white.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes with the seasoning and mixed herbs. Reduce until thickened.
4. Coat the halloumi with the batter and deep fry in 180 oil until golden.