Taking a classic pastry to the next level with a combination of chocolate fillings and deep fried
• Puff pastry
• Chocolate selection; milk & white chocolate, Mars Bar, Rolos etc
• Milk wash
1. Roll pastry to 5mm thick and cut into 10x11.5 centimeters rectangles.
2. Add chocolate 3 centimeters away from the short end of the pastry and pull the left side over the chocolate. Repeat with the other side. You may need to brush some milk in the centre to help glue the pastry down.
3. Secure the ends shut using milk as a glue. Place in the fridge to chill and firm up.
4. Place the Pain au Chocolat seam down into a deep fat fryer at 190°C for 6-8 minutes until golden and crisp on the outside.
5. Transfer to kitchen roll placed over a cooling rack to cool. This will also help to absorb the excess oil.
6. Once cooled slightly they are ready to enjoy :D