Deep fried Nutella... It's never going to be a bad idea
• 400 grams nutella
• 120 grams icing sugar, sieved
• 1 large egg, beaten
• 150 grams panko breadcrumbs
• Oil for deep frying
• Ice cream and berries for serving
1. Start by heating the Nutella on a bain marie and then pour into an ice cube tray. Place in the freezer until set.
2. Once frozen, remove from the mould and roll in the icing sugar, followed by the beaten egg and finally the Panko bread crumbs. Once stuck, repeat the egg and Panko stages to make a thick even layer of breading.
3. In a shallow pan heat enough oil to cover the Nutella balls and heat to 180. Once ready pop the balls in the hot oil and fry for a minute, until just golden.
4. Remove and blot and then serve on berries, or ice cream, or by themselves.