There is an inappropriate quantity of Maltesers in this pie. We regret nothing.
• 400g Maltesers
• 60g unsalted butter, melted
• 500ml double cream
• 4 tbsp malt powder
• 300g Malteser chocolate bars, chopped up
• 100g dark chocolate, chopped up
• 300ml double cream
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 50g Maltesers
1. Line the base and sides of the cake tin with greaseproof paper - use oil to stick as butter will chill too much and make removing the pie difficult.
2. Using a food processor blitz 400g Maltesers into crumbs.
3. Make the crust: put the melted butter into a bowl and add the Malteser crumbs, then mix well. Press into the cake tin, and push down evenly with the back of a spoon until the bottom and sides are completely covered- come right the way up to the top of the tin. Set aside to chill in the fridge.
4. Make the filling: in a medium pan add the cream and malt powder and heat until nearly boiling. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate, stirring until everything has melted together and has a smooth, silky consistency. Set aside to cool a little before pouring into the tin - the mix will come right up to the top. Leave to set for a minimum of 4 hours, ideally overnight.
5. To serve: remove the pie from the tin and transfer onto a serving plate. Whip the double cream and vanilla together to soft peaks. Spoon over the chocolate filling, evenly covering the surface. Bash the remaining Maltesers and sprinkle over the top.