A whole new spin on your favourite biscuits!
• For the biscuits: For the salted caramel layer:
• 175 grams plain flour 120 grams double cream
• 175 grams wholemeal flour 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 125 grams light brown sugar 20 grams golden syrup
• 150 grams cold butter 140 grams caster sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon bicarb of soda 40 grams chopped butter
• 50 grams porridge oats 150 grams dark chocolate, melted
• Glass of milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Blend the oats in a food processor until they are finely ground, or chop them very finely with a knife. Add the flours, sugar, bicarb of soda and butter. Pulse the butter and add a bit of milk
2. Into the dry ingredients until it starts to clump together.
3. Roll out the digestive mixture between 2 pieces of clingfilm until it is around 1 centimeter thick. Use a 5 centimeters round cutter to cut biscuits out of the dough and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. To make the caramel, combine the sugar and syrup in a saucepan and melt over a medium heat until it reaches
5. 155 degrees. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, then heat to 127 degrees. Stir in the double cream and salt before pouring into a greased and lined baking tray to set.
6. Press digestive biscuits into the caramel layer, then dip caramel side down into the dark chocolate.
7. Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy.