We're all about mash-ups here. We've improved curry in the only way we know how, mac and cheese.
• 250g/9oz macaroni
• 40g/1½oz butter
• 40g/1½ plain flour
• 600ml/1 pint 1½fl oz milk
• 1 tbsp curry paste
• 250g/9oz Cheddar, grated
• 200g mozzarella, grated
• 100g Poppadoms, crushed
• Handful fresh coriander, chopped
• 50g/2oz Parmesan, finely grated
• 1 red chilli, chopped
• Pinch cumin
1. Cook the macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8–10 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
2. Melt the butter over a medium heat in a large saucepan. Add the flour and stir to form a roux, cooking for a few minutes.
3. Gradually whisk in the milk, a little at a time. Cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 C.
5. Remove the sauce from the hob, add the curry paste followed by the cheddar and mozzarella and stir until it is well combined and melted.
6. Add the macaroni to the sauce and mix well. Transfer to a deep suitably-sized ovenproof dish.
7. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, roughly crush the poppadoms and add the coriander, red chilli, cumin and parmesan.
8. Sprinkle the poppadom mixture on the top of the pasta and place in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.