Your favourite toffee treat just got a chocolatey makeover! These gooey brownies will please any sweet tooth.
• For the brownie
• 2 eggs
• 200g caster sugar
• 100g light brown sugar
• 100g butter, melted
• 150g plain flour
• 60g cocoa powder
• 100g 70% dark chocolate, melted
• For the caramel layer:
• 125ml glucose syrup
• 125ml double cream
• 160g caster sugar
• 65ml whole milk
• For the top layer:
• 200g good quality milk chocolate
• 7 Curly Wurlys
1. Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm brownie tin.
2. Make the brownies: Whisk eggs into sugars until well combined, then add the melted butter and stir to incorporate. Add the flour and cocoa powder then stir through the melted chocolate.
3. Bake at 180C for 20 minutes or until cooked through and a skewer inserted into the brownies comes out nearly clean.
4. Set aside to cool.
5. Make the caramel: Place all ingredients for the caramel into a saucepan and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Once the sugar is dissolved stop stirring but continue to heat until the mixture reaches 115C.
6. Place the pan into a sink filled with ice cold water and stir until the caramel has cooled slightly and thickened.
7. Pour on top of the brownies in the tin and set aside to cool.
8. For the top layer: Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie, temper, and then pour on top of the caramel. Press Curly Wurlys into the chocolate.
9. Leave to set and then slice with a hot knife into squares and serve.