We all love jelly and cream and we all love cake. We've put the two together for the perfect retro dessert!
• 1 (3oz) package orange gelatine
• 1 (3oz) package cherry gelatine
• 1 (3oz) package lime gelatine
• 1 (3oz) package blue raspberry gelatine
• 1 (3oz) package lemon gelatine
• 1⁄4 cup sugar
• 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
• 200g graham cracker crumbs (1 1/2 cup)
• 80ml unsalted butter, melted (1⁄3 cup)
• 500ml whipping cream, divided (1 cup)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Prepare the four flavours of gelatine separately, using l cup of boiling water and one-half cup of cold water for each. Pour each flavour into a 15 centimetre (6-inch) square pan. Chill for about 4 hours, or until firm.
2. Then combine the lemon gelatine, sugar and l cup of boiling water; stir until gelatine and sugar are dissolved. Mix in pineapple juice. Chill the mixture for 1 hour or until the mixture is slightly thickened.
3. Meanwhile, crush the graham crackers with a rolling pin. Mix the crumbs and melted butter together; press into the bottom of a 9-inch round spring-form pan.
4. Cut the set gelatine into 1 ½ centimetre cubes.
5. Then using a mixer on high speed, whip the whipping cream until medium peaks; take half the whipped cream and combine with the thickened lemon gelatine mixture. Leave the leftover whipped cream for decoration. Gently fold the gelatine cubes into the whipped cream mixture. Pour into pan.
6. Chill at least 5 hours or overnight. Pipe leftover whipped cream on top of set cake. Slice into 8 slices and serve.