These Corn Fritter Stack will soon become your fave brunch dish!
• Fritter mix
• 3 large eggs, beaten
• 80 grams plain flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 220 grams sweetcorn
• 1 banana shallot, finely chopped
• Small bunch chives, finely chopped
• For the pepper relish
• 1 red bell pepper
• 200 grams tomatoes
• 1 onion
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• Drizzle of olive oil
• 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
• 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
• Coriander for garnish
• 1 avocado
• 4 rashers of smoked bacon
• 1 large egg
1. In a large bowl or a food processor beat together the flour and beaten eggs. Add in the chopped shallot, the chives and seasoning and beat again. Set aside while you make the pepper relish.
2. Finely slice the onion, cut the pepper lengthways, and roughly chop the tomatoes. On a medium heat warm a drizzle of olive oil in a medium sized saucepan.
3. Once warmed lightly, add in the prepped veg.
4. Let them cook down slightly together for around 12 minutes, until softened, making sure they don't stick to the pan. Add in the vinegar and sugar and crushed chilli and let this cook down for a further 15 minutes with a lid, stirring regularly and loosening with a splash of water when needed.
5. Place a large pan on a medium heat and drizzle in a little olive oil. Once hot add a dollop of the fritter batter and spread a bit until even. Allow the fritters add the bacon to crisp. Cook both on each side for around 3-4
6. Minutes, the bacon might take longer if you like it really crispy.
7. Stack up the fritters with the bacon, the pepper
8. Relish and slices of avocado and a few sprigs of