In today's episode of cooking with numbers, we challenge Jack to make a dessert from Angel Delight!
• 1 pack Angel Delight
• 200ml milk
• 200ml cream cheese
• 1 punnet strawberries
• 50g demerara sugar
• 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 6 digestive biscuits
• 30g butter, melted
• Mint/basil to garnish
1. Place the cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy.
2. Place the milk into a bowl and whisk in the angel delight. Allow to thicken slightly for 2 minutes or so, before combining with the cream cheese to form the base.
3. Smash together the biscuits to form a crumb and gradually incorporate the melted butter and place into the base of sundae glasses. Spoon the angel delight cheesecake mix on top and set aside.
4. Remove the stalk from the strawberries and halve.
5. Place the sugar into a pan and place on a medium heat. Form a caramel, add the strawberries and de-glaze with a good splash of balsamic. You want to get a nice balance of sweet and sour, so don’t overdo it at this stage.
6. Spoon the strawberries over the cheesecake and garnish with mint.