Check out the world's most colourful mini baked Alaskas!
• 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
• 4 egg whites
• 100 grams caster sugar
• 1 teaspoon vinegar
• 3-4 food colourings of your choice
• Handful of chopped hazelnuts
1. Ball 4 scoops of ice cream and leave in the freezer whilst you make the meringues.
2. Whisk the egg whites until they are stiff. Add in the vinegar and the sugar and whisk again until there is no grittiness and all the sugar is dissolved.
3. Divide the meringue into as many bowls as the colours you want to do, 3-4 is pretty good. Fold through the food colouring. We used pink, blue, orange and purple.
4. Once mixed, place the meringue mix into piping bags, you can play around with the nozzles you fancy.
5. Place the ice cream on a heatproof plate and pipe over the meringue so the ice cream is totally covered.
6. You can pipe different patterns and shapes. Using a blowtorch, spread the flame over the top to brown the meringues.
7. Sprinkle over chopped hazelnuts and dig in!