Our epic caramel drizzle is made from your favourite hard-boiled sweets!
• MARBLE CAKE
• 250g plain flour
• 200g unsaled butter, softened
• 200g soft brown sugar
• 40ml full-fat milk
• 1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract
• 3 large eggs
• 3 tsp baking powder
• 1 espresso shot
• CARAMEL GLAZE
• 100g Werther’s
• Originals (around 20)
• 150ml double cream
1. Preheat your oven to 180C and line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter, 180g of the sugar and the vanilla extract together until the mixture is light and fluffy
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then sift the flour and baking powder over the mixture and fold in with the milk.
4. Spoon 1/3 of the mixture into a separate bowl. In this bowl, add the espresso shot and the extra sugar. Fold together.
5. In the prepared loaf tin, put the mixtures in a big spoon at a time so that the two flavours are dolloped together.
6. Use a long cocktail stick, skewer or a fork to swirl the two flavours together.
7. Bake for 55-70 minutes, until the cake shrinks slightly from the sides of the tin.
8. Remove the cake from the tin and leave to cool.
9. For the glaze, put the Werther’s Originals in a small saucepan with the double cream. Gently heat, stirring, until the toffees have melted into a smooth caramel sauce. There will be some pieces that do not melt fully, those you can discard. Cool for about 1 minute before drizzling onto your cooled cake.