Coconut Sticky Rice with a sweet twist!
• 300 grams Glutinous sticky rice
• 2 Strips Pandan Leaves
• 1 Tin Coconut Milk
• 2 Ripe Kesar Mangoes
• 1 liter Water
• 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
• 6 tablespoons Coconut sugar
• 1 Banana Leaf
• 10 grams Pea Flower
1. Brew 1 litre of dehydrated Pea Flower tea and set aside to cool. Once cool wash and rinse the glutinous rice thoroughly and soak for 2 hours minimum.
2. Drain the stained Pea Flower sticky rice and steam for 20 minutes.
3. In the meantime prepare the sweetened coconut milk in a big pot by gently warming up the coconut milk adding in the Pandan leaf, coconut sugar and Himalayan pink salt.
4. Simmer for a few minutes until the coconut sugar has dissolved and set some aside for the drizzle. Add in the cooked sticky rice and mix well, making sure the rice is absorbing the sweet coconut milk. Remove the Pandan leaf and set aside to cool.
5. Peel and cut the mango and assemble the dish.
6. Finishing off with a drizzle of coconut cream.