Why wash up when you can just eat the bowl? Our baked Cob Loaf Dip is the perfect party pleaser!
• 500g round loaf
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 red onion, finely chopped
• 200g pancetta lardons
• 2 tbsp chopped chives, plus extra to serve
• 250g block cream cheese, softened
• 160ml cream
• 150ml sour cream
• 180g grated cheddar cheese, plus 100g extra for top
• 1 French stick or baguette, sliced
• Crudités, to serve, such as carrots, radishes, sugar snap peas, peppers
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Cut the top off the loaf to form a lid and scoop out bread from the centre of the loaf, leaving about a 1.5cm edge.
3. Place the loaf on to a baking tray.
4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until bacon is browned. Add the onion and soften for 3 - 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
5. Add the chives to the bacon mixture, then stir in the cream cheese, mixing until combined. Add the cream, sour cream and grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
6. Spoon the cheese mixture into the hollowed out loaf and sprinkle with the remaining 100g cheese.
7. Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese has melted and the dip inside is piping hot throughout.
8. Sprinkle top of dip with extra chives and then serve warm with crudités and slices of baguette to dip.