Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes are the perfect combination of cinnamon buns and your favourite Shrove Tuesday treat!
• 100g plain flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 50g caster sugar
• 2 egg yolks
• 115ml milk
• 2 egg whites
• Cinnamon filling:
• 60g butter at room temperature
• 100g light brown sugar
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• Cream cheese drizzle:
• 60g butter
• 50g cream cheese
• 75g icing sugar
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix together the egg yolks, flour and sugar, then whisk in the milk slowly, to avoid lumps. Let the batter rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. Mix together the cinnamon filling ingredients and spoon into a piping bag.
3. In another bowl, mix together the cream cheese drizzle ingredients and place into another bag.
4. In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form when lifted.
5. Carefully fold the egg whites into the pancake batter, until just incorporated, making sure not to deflate the batter.
6. Lightly grease and a crepe pan or non-stick frying pan, and warm it to a low heat.
7. Place spoonfuls of batter on the pan, and spread into a 10cm circle with the back of the spoon, about 1cm thick.
8. Cook slowly, until bubbles start to form and the top looks almost cooked - then create a swirl of cinnamon filling and carefully flip the pancake over.
9. Cook for just 15 seconds more, then remove from the heat and keep warm until the rest are cooked.
10. Serve in a huge stack with cream cheese drizzle on the top.