The sweetest Monkey Bread on the internet!
• 200 milliliters milk
• 85 grams butter
• 2 large eggs
• 550 grams strong white bread flour + extra for kneading
• 2 1/2 teaspoon dried yeast
• 50 grams golden caster sugar
• Oil, for greasing
• 125 grams unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 225 grams light muscovado sugar
• For the icing:
• 100 grams icing sugar, sifted
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon semi-skimmed milk
• Pinch of ground cinnamon
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Put the milk and butter into a medium pan and heat gently until the butter melts and the milk is at a simmer.
2. Cool for a few minutes, then beat in the eggs with a fork.
3. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl then add the liquid and stir to a sticky dough. Leave for 5 minutes. then tip onto a floured worktop and knead for 5-10 minutes until smooth and springy. Use a little oil to grease a large bowl, add the dough, turn it in the oil to coat, then cover the bowl with clingfilm. Leave in a warm place for 1 hr or until doubled in size.
4. To assemble, grease a 25 centimeters bundt tin with butter.
5. Melt the rest of the butter in a pan. In a medium bowl mix the spices and sugar plus a pinch of salt. Spoon 2 tablespoons melted butter and 3 tablespoons spiced sugar into the
6. Bottom of the tin.
7. Pull the dough into about 65 small pieces and roll into balls. Taking 3 or 4 at a time, dunk the dough balls into the melted butter, let the excess drain off, then tip them
8. Into the spiced sugar. Roll to coat, then put into the tin.
9. Repeat until the tin is filled with the coated dough balls.
10. Tip any leftover sugar and butter over the dough.
11. Cover the pan with oiled clingfilm then leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hr, or until risen and the dough no longer springs back when you poke it.
12. Heat the oven to 160c fan. Bake for 35 minutes. or until well risen and golden. Leave in the tin until just warm.
13. Turn the monkey bread onto a serving plate, whisk all of the ingredients together to make the glaze, then drizzle over the monkey bread.