We needed something to do with all that Christmas Cake!
• 1 shop bought Christmas cake/any fruit cake - roughly 450g worth
• 60g unsalted butter, softened
• 60g icing sugar
• 1 tbsp boiling water
• 1 1/2 tbsp brandy
• 2 bags white candy melts
• 150g desiccated coconut
• Christmas sprinkles - we used red/white/green coloured sprinkles
1. To make the brandy butter, cream together the butter and the icing sugar, then beat in the boiling water and brandy until smooth.
2. Crumble the Christmas cake into a bowl and mix with the brandy butter.
3. Shape the mixture into small balls, the size of a walnut, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up. Remove from the fridge and place a stick/candy cane into each one. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
4. Melt the candy melts over a bain marie.
5. Dip the balls into the melted candy melts and then roll immediately in the coconut and sprinkles.
6. Place somewhere cool to dry completely then enjoy!