Turn on your Christmas lights in the best way possible
• 200 grams Plain flour
• 45 grams Cocoa powder
• 2 teaspoons Baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon Salt
• 100 grams Soft light brown sugar
• 180 grams Caster sugar
• 80 grams Unsalted butter
• 240 milliliters Whole milk
• 2 Eggs
• 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
• 450 grams Icing sugar
• 150 grams Unsalted butter
• 35-40 milliliters Whole milk
• To decorate:
• Black icing pen
• Candy coated chocolate beans
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Sift the dry ingredients together into a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl beat together the butter and two sugars until creamy.
3. Meanwhile, in another bowl/jug whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
4. Add 1/2 of the wet ingredients into the butter mixture and mix on a slow/medium speed slowly adding all of the dry ingredients.
5. Scrape down your bowl and beat in the remaining wet ingredients. Once mixture is smooth, evenly divide it into the cupcake cases.
6. Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
7. For the buttercream sift the icing sugar into a bowl and beat it into the butter. Once sandy pour in the milk to combine.
8. Beat for a good 5 minutes until the icing is paler in colour and is light and fluffy. Place the icing into a piping bag with a star tip and pipe swirls onto each cupcake.
9. Using a black icing pen pipe a continuous squiggly line around the cupcake to look like the cable to the lights.
10. Place chocolate beans along the black icing as christmas lights.
11. Enjoy :D