Queso fundido is more fun with chorizo!
• 1/2 pounds Fresh Mexican chorizo
• 2 poblano peppers
• 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
• Toasted slices bread for dipping
1. Roast poblanos in the oven or straight on the burner to blister the skin. Once blackened, place the poblanos in a plastic or paper bag for 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, remove chorizo from their casing, crumble into a cast iron pan, and cook until browned. Remove the excess fat. Leave half of the chorizo crumbles in the pan and set the rest aside.
3. Remove the peppers from the bag and peel off the skin. Remove the seeds and chop into small pieces.
4. Place in pan with the chorizo, along with shredded mozzarella. Mix until combined. Top with the leftover chorizo crumbles and bake at 350F until the cheese has fully melted.
5. Serve with toasted bread for dipping.