You ain't living until you've tried this sweet salami
• 200 grams dark chocolate, chopped
• 85 grams butter
• 100 grams sugar
• 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
• 170 grams digestives
• 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 cup mixed nuts/cranberries, toasted and roughly chopped
• 2 tablespoons icing sugar
1. Put the chocolate and butter into a bowl and melt over a pan of boiling water. Once melted set aside to cool slightly. In a bowl, mix vanilla extract, sugar, brown sugar, egg and yolk. Add to the chocolate mixture and mix well. Add crushed biscuits and chopped nuts to the chocolate mixture and stir with spatula until well combined. Leave to cool and thicken slightly.
2. Place the mix on cling film and roll into a log shape. Twist the ends tightly and leave in the fridge overnight. Unwrap the log and coat with powdered sugar. You can tie it up like a real salami with string or just leave it unstrung. Cut into slices and serve.