These Chocolate Rice Krispie Ice Cream Sandwiches by Topless Baker are super fun to make and pretty messy to eat. Are you going to give them a go?
• 60g Butter
• 100g 70% Dark Chocolate
• 100g Rice Krispie
• Handful of Chopped Hazelnuts
• 50g White Chocolate, Melted
• 1 Tub of Good Quality Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Ice Cream: scoop the ice cream out of the tub and spread it into a rectangle on a lined baking tray so that the ice cream is about 1” thick. Place it back in the freezer.
2. Rice Krispie Treats: melt the dark chocolate and butter over a ban marie.
3. Take the chocolate off the heat and stir through the Rice Krispie treats & chopped nuts.
4. Onto a lined baking sheet, place down 4 muffin/ring moulds. Press the Rice Krispie mixture into the ring moulds and flatten with the back of a spoon.
5. Drizzle melted white chocolate over the corner of the Krispie Treats in a zig zag motion for a bit of decoration then set them in the fridge for 20m.
6. Assembly: while the treats are in the fridge, quickly cut your ice cream blocks out using a ring mould that is the same size as the ones used for the Rice Krispie treats.
7. Place the discs of ice cream back in the freezer.
8. Remove the ice cream and the Rice Krispie treats from the fridge/freezer and sandwich them together to serve.