Step 1: Make pastry. Step 2: Fill with cream. Step 3: Profit(erole)
• 250 grams butter
• 250 milliliters whole milk
• 250 milliliters water
• 10 grams salt
• 25 grams sugar
• 500 grams plain flour
• 600 grams whole eggs
• Cream filling
• 75 grams icing sugar
• 300 milliliters double cream
• 25 grams crushed honey comb
• For the chocolate sauce
• 75 grams dark chocolate
1. Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
2. To make the profiteroles, put the butter and the caster sugar in a saucepan with water.
3. Place the pan over a low heat until the butter and sugar have melted, then bring to the boil. Take off the heat, add the flour all at once and beat energetically with a wooden spoon until the dough comes away from the sides of the pan.
4. Leave to cool for 5 minutes. then beat in the eggs bit by bit until you have a stiff, glossy mixture. Rinse two baking trays with cold water, shaking off any excess so they are slightly damp. Pipe mixture onto the baking tray. Then place in the oven and cook for about 15 minutes until well risen and brown. Remove the profiteroles from the oven and cut a small slit in the base of each one. Cool on a wire rack.
5. When they're cold, whip the cream lightly and add honeycombe.
6. Cut the profiteroles in half, fill them with the sweetened cream and pile them up on a plate.
7. To make the sauce, melt chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Pour over the profiteroles.