Now you can make epic steamed buns at home!
• 1 tsp dry yeast
• 3/4 cup warm water
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• 1 cup corn flour
• 5 tbsp sugar
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 1 1/2 diced Cha Sui Pork
• or left over chinese roast pork
1. Dough: Place yeast and water in a bowl. Sift together the flours. In an electric mixer with a dough hook (or by hand) add all of the ingredients and mix until soft smooth dough forms. Cover and allow to rest for 2 hours. Knock back and rest once more.
2. Filling: Chop left over pork. In a hot pan fry the spring onions. Add the wet ingredients and sugar. When it begins to bubble add the flour to thicken the mix.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in chopped pork. Allow to cool.
4. Prepare a pot of water and bamboo steamer. Roll the dough into a long noodle. Cut off small pieces and press each one into a disc. Using a rolling pin rotate disc so that you are only thinning the edges. Leaving a thicker centre.
5. Add a spoonful of filling to each and close at the top.Place each bun onto non stick paper and steam for 12 minutes.