Chimney Cake is a classic sweet street food. Covered in stick honey and sprinkles, we love it best dipped in Nutella!
• 250g all-purpose flour (1 3/4 cups)
• 7g instant yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
• 30g sugar (2 tbsp)
• 1/8 tsp salt
• 1 egg, room-temperature
• 35g unsalted butter, melted (3 tbsp)
• 120ml milk, room temperature (1/2 cup)
• 60g unsalted butter, melted (1/2 cup)
• 60g sugar (1/2 cup)
• 125 ml Lyles syrup, warmed (1/2 cup)
• 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles, nuts, coconut chips (optional
1. For the Dough: in a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, add in the flour, instant yeast, sugar, salt and milk. Mix on low until the dough starts coming together.
2. Add in the egg yolks and butter and mix until incorporated. Turn speed up to medium and mix for 10 minutes until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
3. Transfer the dough into a bowl and cover with a towel. Place aside in a warm spot for 1 hour, or until dough doubles in size.
4. Rolling the Dough: line a rolling pin with aluminium foil, making sure to also wrap around handles if there are ones.
5. Divide the dough into two. Roll each into a long rope about 120 centimetres in length.
6. Grease the aluminium-lined rolling pin. Wrap the strips of dough around the rolling pin without overlapping the dough. Gently roll the rolling pin on the counter to press the strips of dough together. Brush dough with melted butter, roll in sugar.
7. Preheat oven to 190 C and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until the dough gets dark, golden brown.
8. While still hot, brush with golden syrup and sprinkle on toppings.