Chilli and chocolate rekindle their romance in this wonderful brownie
• 200 grams butter
• 200 grams dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
• 100 grams plain flour
• 50 grams cocoa powder
• 1 teaspoon chilli powder
• 250 grams golden caster sugar
• 5 large eggs
• 1 orange, zest only
• 100 grams milk chocolate, roughly chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 160 fan.
2. Grease and line a brownie tin with parchment paper.
3. Melt your butter and dark chocolate in a bowl either in the microwave or in a bain marie, then set aside to cool.
4. Mix your flour, cocoa, chilli powder and sugar in a bowl, then add in your eggs and stir to mix. Then add in your melted butter and chocolate, orange zest and chocolate chunks, and then pour into your lined brownie tin.
5. Place in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes. Ideally you want it squidgy in the middle.