Polenta baked to perfection, flavored with chili seasonings and cheese.
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
• 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
• 1 red onion, chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1/2 can cooked red beans
• 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
• 1 28 ounces can tomato sauce
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
• 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 24 ounces tube pre-cooked polenta
• Olive oil
1. In a pot, cook ground beef, spices, chopped peppers, onion, and garlic, until browned and fragrant. Add tomato sauce, paste, beans, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Stir and cook on medium-high heat for 1 hour.
2. Cut pre-cooked polenta into fries
3. N cast iron skillet, heat enough veg oil to 375* to fry the polenta fries. Remove from oil once golden brown and crispy, let drain on paper towel-lined plate. *Fry in small batches to avoid clumping
4. Place chili in an oven-safe bowl, sprinkle cheese on top, and bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and browned on top.
5. Serve with polenta fries on the side.