How to make a tasty coriander chicken
• 2 red onions, sliced
• 5 cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 inches ginger, grated
• 1 teaspoon turmeric
• 2 teaspoons ground coriander
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 lemon, juiced
• 8 chicken legs, skin removed and meat scored to the bone
• 200 milliliterss water
• 100 grams baby tomatoes, halved
• 100 grams fresh coriander, leaves and stalks, roughly chopped
• 1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• Vegetable oil
1. Fry off your onions in a little vegetable oil and a sprinkle of salt, try not to let them colour too much. Add in your garlic and ginger, the spices, lemon juice and then nestle in the chicken, and pour over some water. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally, this should take about half an hour.
2. Then add in your fresh coriander and the baby tomatoes, and cook until the coriander is wilted, then add in your chickpeas. Cooke for another r10 minutes. or until the chickpeas are heated through, then serve.