Chicken skewers and peanut sauce - the perfect student dish!
• 4 chicken thighs
• 1 lime
• 200g long grain rice
• Small bunch of coriander
• 4 tbsp peanut butter
• 200ml chicken stock
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
1. Bash the chicken so it’s even and cut any large, long pieces into halves lengthways so they are in long strips.
2. Place in a bowl with a pinch of salt and the juice of one of the limes.
3. Start cooking the rice according to the packet so that it will be ready around the rest of the dish.
4. To make the sauce, place the stock into a small saucepan and once boiling stir through the peanut butter and the soy sauce. Finely chop the coriander stalks and add to the pan too. Turn the heat down and let it thicken while you make the chicken.
5. Place the chicken onto four skewers and heat a griddle pan until really hot. Drizzle the chicken with some olive oil and place on the griddle until cooked through, 3-4 minutes on each side.
6. Stir the zest of the lime and coriander leaves through the rice, saving a little extra for serving. Serve along side the chicken and the peanut sauce on a dipping pot.