Not your regular chicken salad.
• 4 thighs free range/ organic chicken
• 200 grams sugar snap peas
• 2 rainbow carrots carrot, julienned
• 1 courgette, julienned
• Small handful of coriander
• 3 birds-eye chillies (de-seeded and finely chopped)
• 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
• 1 thumb ginger, (peeled and finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or lime
• 3 tablespoons premium quality fish sauce
• 3 tablespoons crushed/ blended salted roasted peanuts, cashew or pistachios
• Prawn crackers and/ or steamed chicken rice to serve
1. Poach the chicken thighs in a pot with a lid with enough boiling water to cover, season with salt and cook for about 30 - 40 minutes, until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
2. Thinly slice the sugar snap peas, courgettes, carrots lengthways - or use a julienne peeler.
3. Using cooking scissors, cut the laksa leaf into 1 centimeter strips and add to the bowl.
4. Prepare and mix all the ingredients for the dressing together in a separate bowl, tasting for the balance of sweet, sour, salty and hotness.
5. When the chicken is cooked, leave to cool. De-bone and tear off the meat along the grain. Season with salt and pepper. Add this to the bowl of salad When ready to serve, toss the salad together with the dressing.
6. Garnish with a few sprigs of coriander and a sprinkle of nuts. Serve with prawn crackers or steamed rice.
7. You can use the chicken stock to make a delicious chicken rice.