A pizza base made of chicken? EPIC.
• 1 supreme chicken breast
• 80 milliliters of good quality passata
• 1 garlic glove
• Small bunch of basil
• 140 grams plain flour
• 1 large egg
• 120 grams panko bread crumbs
• 30 grams parmesan
• 90 grams mozzarella
• 3 ripe vine tomatoes
• Olive oil for drizzling
• Sea and pepper
• Vegetable oil for frying
1. In a small pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil on a medium heat. Crush in the garlic, chop most of the basil, reserving a few leaves for later, and add. Quickly followed by the passata. Leave this to cook down whilst you deal with the chicken.
2. Cut the chicken breast lengthways, place on a board and bash with a rolling pin, it's easier if it's wrapped in cling film. You want to keep bashing it until it's
3. About 2 centimeters thick, or as thin as you can get it.
4. Try rolling it out to get an even flat shape.
5. Once it's at a good thinness, trim away any bits that ruin the shape if there are any.
6. Fill a wide pan with the vegetable oil and heat until ready for frying.
7. Once ready, cover the chicken in the flour, followed by the egg wash, then the breadcrumbs. Fry the chicken on each side for 3-4 minutes until golden. Take out and blot. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place on a clean tray, and spoon over enough tomato sauce to evenly cover, leaving a space around the edge for the crust.
8. Tear the mozzarella and add that followed by the reserved basil and grated parmesan.
9. Place in the oven for 5-8 minutes until golden and bubbling. Slice up your chicken pizza and serve!