This Chicken and Pasta Bake is beige food at it's best!
• 40 grams plain flour
• 40 grams unsalted butter
• 600 milliliters whole milk
• 100 grams grated cheddar
• 80 grams mozzarella
• 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
• 2 chicken breasts
• 1 tablespoon honey
• Olive oil
• 500 grams penne pasta
• 180 grams sweet corn
• 10 grams chives, finely chopped
• 10 grams parsley, finely chopped
1. Start my making the sauce. Melt the butter in a small pan on a medium heat and add in the flour. Mix together and let this darken, but stir consistently. Add in the mustard and half the milk and whisk. As the sauce thickened add in the rest of the milk and the honey, and let this cook for a few more minutes and then add the cheddar. Set this aside.
2. Cut the chicken into bitesize chunks ready to be cooked. Fry off the chicken in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil and seasoning, this will take about 10 minutes.
3. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water till just cooked, about 8 minutes.
4. Add the pasta and the chicken to sauce. Stir through the sweetcorn and the herbs and transfer to a medium sized baking dish. Tear the mozzarella into chunks and place in the hot oven for 18 minutes at 200C or till golden and oozy.