How to make delicious chicken gyozas at home!
• 6 spring onions, roughly chopped
• 2 centimeters ginger, roughly chopped
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 2 teaspoons soy sauce + more for dipping
• 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
• 150 grams minced chicken
• Gyoza skins
1. Blitz the spring onions, garlic and ginger in a food processor. Tip into a bowl and add the soy and oyster sauces followed by the chicken. Mix well.
2. To assemble the gyoza, hold the dumpling skin in the palm of one hand and put a heaped teaspoon of the filling onto the centre of the skin. Dip your finger in some water and wipe around the edge of the skin,then bring the edges of the skin together. Pinch pleats along one side, then press each pleat against the opposite flat side of the skin. With each pinch make sure that you are sealing the parcel and keeping the filling in the centre.
3. Put each gyoza onto a plate dusted with cornflour.
4. Brush off any excess cornflour from the bases of the dumplings.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
6. Fry the gyoza on one side for 2 minutes.
7. Add a good splash of water to the pan and cover with a lid and cook over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes until the water has evaporated and the gyoza filling is cooked through.