Chicharrones de pollo isn't your average fried chicken. This crazy good chicken is marinated in adobo seasoning, vinegar, and lime, and then simply toassed in flour and fried to perfection.
• 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs
• 2 teaspoons onion powder
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 1/4 cup vinegar
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• All-purpose flour
• Oil for frying
• Tostones for serving
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Place in a bowl, along with seasonings, vinegar, and lime juice. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil to 350F. In a platter, combine flour and salt and pepper to taste. Thoroughly coat chicken pieces in the seasoned flour, shake the excess, and fry until cooked and golden brown.
3. Serve with rice or tostones on the side.