This cherry crepe cake is not only easier than pie, but better.
• For the crepes:
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 4 eggs
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
• For the filling and topping:
• 1 1/2 cups cherries, pitted
• 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
• 3/4 cup heavy cream
• 1/3 cup powdered sugar
• Whole cherries for topping
1. Combine flour, sugar, pinch of salt. Then add eggs, milk, melted butter. Combine in a mixer or blender until there are no more lumps. Let sit in fridge for at least one hour to rest.
2. Heat a non-stick pan on medium high heat. Brush on some melted butter. Add a small ladle of the batter, and quickly move the pan to evenly distribute the batter. Once edges are dry, flip to cook the other side. Once slightly golden, set aside and continue process.
3. Make the filling: blend pitted cherries, mascarpone cheese, and powdered sugar until smooth. Then use a mixer to beat in the heavy cream, until fluffy.
4. Assembly: On a platter or cake stand, place one crepe and spread a thin layer (about a tablespoon of the filling) over the crepe. Place another crepe on top and repeat the process.
5. Spread a final layer of the filling mixture on the top crepe, and arrange a cluster of whole cherries in the center.