Turn the humble chapati into something glorious with the help of charred chicken, shredded red cabbage and mint raita.
• Cast iron Tawa (a flat pan) or large flat pan
• Griddle pan
• Rolling pin
• 2 chicken breast
• 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
• 1 teaspoon chilli powder
• 1/2 lemon, juice
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 teaspoons honey
• 1/2 grated cucumber with juice squeezed out
• 150 grams red cabbage, finely shredded
• 100 grams iceberg, finely shredded
• 1/4 onion, finely sliced
• 25 grams mint / coriander leaves, roughly chopped
• 1/2 pomegranate
• 200 milliliters yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
• 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
• 1 lemon, squeezed
• 125 grams plain flour
• Hot water
1. Slice the chicken through the middle lengthways bash them down to around 1 inch thick.
2. Marinade chicken in all the ingredients for around 30 minutes.
3. For the chapati, combine all the ingredient apart from the water into a medium/large bowl.
4. Using a large spoon slowly pour on the water, mixing whilst you go. Once the flour starts to stick together into a clump, start kneading it until you get a soft and pliable lump.
5. Whisk honey, yogurt and lemon into a small bowl. Prep all vegetables, and put into a bowl and add all the rest of the vegetables and fruit.
6. Put half the yoghurt on the salad and mix and cover well, leave the rest in the bowl.
7. Grab a ball of dough, press it flat and roll into a circle about 4 mm thick.
8. Cook for around 30 seconds each side, until bubbles start to appear.
9. Heat up a griddle pan and cook the chicken for about 5 minutes each side.
10. Shred the chicken, place it on the wrap, then the salad, the yogurt on top and serve.