A breakfast that makes itself while you sleep? And tastes like carrot cake? Oh yes, indeed.
• 1 carrot, grated
• 100 grams quinoa flakes or oats
• 30 grams buckwheat groats (or use 30 grams extra oats)
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Pinch of ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 250 milliliters rice or almond milk
• 2 tablespoons toasted coconut flakes
• 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
• Natural or coconut yoghurt, to serve
1. Mix the carrot with the oats, buckwheat, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, honey and milk. Transfer to two jars or glasses and top with coconut flakes and pumpkin seeds. Place in the fridge overnight and enjoy in the morning with a dollop of yoghurt.