If cake and doughnuts had a beautiful foodie baby...
• 1 sachet of dried yeast
• 160 milliliters whole milk
• 50 grams unsalted butter
• 240 grams plain flour
• Pinch fine sea salt
• 1 large egg, beaten
• 1 handful grated carrot
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
• 1 small ripe banana
• Handful of walnuts
• Vegetable oil for frying
• 50 grams caster sugar, plus extra for coating
• 300 grams icing sugar, sieved
• 250 grams unsalted butter
• Splash whole milk
• 150 grams cream cheese
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
• Sugar with cinnamon
• Sugar with mix spice
• Chocolate spread for banana filling
1. Once ready, knock the dough back and divide into two. To one add the grated carrot and cinnamon, to the other add the mashed banana and the walnuts chopped.
2. Divide the dough into 6 balls, and let this prove again in a warm place for about 20 minutes this time.
3. Whilst you are waiting for this make the carrot frosting by beating the sugar and butter together until pale.
4. Then stir in the milk and vanilla. Finally, beat in the cream cheese and set aside.
5. Get your oil hot enough for frying and fry off the doughnuts for a couple of minutes on each side, until golden. Remove from the oil and place on kitchen paper.
6. Place the two fillings into piping bag and make an incision in the top of the doughnut. Fill until you can feel the weight of the filling in the doughnut.
7. Mix together the two different flavour sugars, and then roll the carrot doughnuts in the mixed spice and the banana in the cinnamon sugar. Delicious!