This comfort food classic is given a lovely autumnal twist
• 160 grams Spaghetti
• 100 grams Smoked Pancetta, diced
• 100 grams Shiitake Mushrooms, stalks removed and caps thinly sliced
• 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 50 grams Parmesan, finely grated
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and put your spaghetti in to cook for 10 minutes.
2. In a hot pan, big enough to eventually put in your pasta, drizzle in a little oil and fry off your diced pancetta until it starts to brown, then add in your mushrooms and fry off for another few minutes, turn the heat down and add your garlic and cook for 1 or 2 minutes, making sure the garlic doesn't colour, then turn off the heat.
3. When your pasta is done, add it to the pan with the fried pancetta and mushrooms and give it all a stir, then pour in your beaten eggs. The residual heat will cook the eggs off to make a creamy sauce. Finally, add in your parmesan and stir again, season with salt and pepper and enjoy.