Ever tried brownies with caramelised white chocolate? Now is the time!
• 500g good quality white chocolate
• sea salt flakes, to taste
• 4 eggs
• 400g caster sugar
• 200g light brown sugar
• 200g butter, melted
• 300g plain flour
• 120g cocoa powder
1. For the chocolate: Heat oven to 130°C. If the white chocolate isn't already in small chunks, chop it coarsely. Scatter it on a clean, dry rimmed baking sheet.
2. Roast chocolate in the oven for about 45 mins, stirring and smearing the chocolate around with a spatula every 5 to 10 minutes. Don't worry if it looks crumbly, lumpy and horrible at times - it will smooth out as you stir - you can place into a blender to smooth it out at any point.
3. Continue cooking until the chocolate is as dark as you like. Stir in sea salt to taste. Pour into a jar to store.
4. Brownie: Whisk eggs into sugars until well combined then add the melted butter and stir to incorporate. Add the flour and cocoa powder then stir through the caramelised white chocolate.
5. Bake at 180 C for 20/25 minutes or until cooked through and a skewer inserted into the brownies comes out nearly clean.