Cannelloni inside a grilled cheese?! EPIC.
• 4 slices of good sourdough
• Butter for spreading and melting
• 200 grams ricotta cheese
• 300 grams baby spinach
• 1 whole nutmeg for grating
• Salt and pepper
• 1 lemon for zesting
• 6-8 Cannelloni shells
• 70 grams parmesan cheese
• 50 grams grated mozzarella
• Small bunch of basil
• 2 garlic cloves
• 400 milliliters passata
• Olive oil
1. Start with making the tomato sauce. In a medium saucepan on a medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and crush the garlic cloves and add those. Cook for a couple of minutes but don't let it burn. Add in the
2. Passata and torn basil leaves and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Boil a pan of salted water. Once boiling cook of the cannelloni tubes if not using leftovers, until al dente.
4. Remove from heat and set aside. Drizzle with a little oil to stop it sticking.
5. Wilt down the spinach leaves in a bit of butter on a medium heat. In a medium bowl mix together the wilted spinach with the ricotta, the nutmeg, the zest of the lemon and season to taste.
6. Butter the sourdough and fill the cannelloni with the ricotta mix. Place the cannelloni in side the sandwich, top with grated parmesan and the mozzarella.
7. Fry in a hot pan and place a lid on top or under the grill. Turn after 3-4 minutes if necessary. Serve once golden and the cheese is melting, with the tomato sauce for dipping.