OMG. This pie is a cheese lover's dream!
• 1 Camembert
• A few springs of fresh rosemary
• A few sprigs of fresh oregano
• 1-2 garlic cloves, sliced into thin batons
• 1 Pack of Puff Pastry
• Smooth Onion Chutney (or blended to smooth)
• 1 Egg, beaten.
1. Preheat your oven to 220c /200c fan.
2. Lightly grease a baking tray.
3. Take your camembert and stud the top with the rosemary, oregano and garlic, making sure to really get them in there. You can use a knife if you need a little help but be careful not to pierce the bottom or sides of the cheese.
4. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface to the width of a pound coin (about 3-4mm). Place the cheese on one side of the pastry and measure a circle around it with enough pastry to cover the sides (normally around 3-4 centimeters). Place the cheese to one side and cut out the circle and place it on the baking tray.
5. With the remainder of the pastry cut two long straight strips around an inch wide (this needs to be long enough to wrap around the cheese so you can give it an extra roll if needs be).
6. Cover the circle of pastry with a thin layer of onion chutney. Place the cheese in the centre of the pastry and fold up the sides, crimping with your thumb and forefinger to form a crown to hold it in place.
7. Cover one of the long pieces of pastry with a thin layer of onion chutney. Place the other strip on top. Take one end in each hand and twist until it's all twizzled. Take the pastry and wrap it round the cheese with 2 centimeters of space between the two lots of pastry. Give the ends a pinch together to secure it if needs be. If you have any leftover pastry then you can continue to cut strips, fill with chutney and twizzle and place, in space, on the baking tray.
8. Brush the pastry lightly with beaten egg and place into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden, well cooked and the cheese is fully melted.
9. Remove from the oven and place in the middle of the table, tear the outside pastry ring and dip into the gooey melted cheese. If you are feeling particularly messy, you can cut into slices like a pizza and gorge!