Venture into new territory with this delightful savoury muffin
• 250 grams Plain flour
• 1 teaspoon Baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• 80 grams uncooked rolled oats
• 2 tablespoons Spring onions, chopped
• 100 grams Mature Cheddar cheese
• 30 grams Feta, Chopped into small cubes
• 270 grams Butternut squash, roasted
• 175 milliliters Milk
• 2 Eggs
• 70 grams Créme fraiche
• 70 grams Cream cheese
• 30 grams Red peppers, diced
• Spring onion, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Chop butternut squash into small cubes and place onto a baking tray. Drizzle over oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until tender.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a big bowl.
4. Add the rolled oats, spring onion, mature cheddar and feta and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture has been evenly combined.
5. Mash the roasted butternut squash in a separate bowl and mix with the milk and 2 eggs.
6. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined, do not over mix.
7. Spoon into cupcake cases and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
8. For the topping beat together the créme fraiche with the cream cheese until smooth and spoon into a piping bag with a star nozzle.
9. Pipe the topping onto the muffins and garnish with diced red pepper and chopped spring onion.