Your favourite Harry Potter drink in a tasty dessert!
• 350 milliliters double cream
• 2 egg whites
• 100 grams soft light brown sugar
• Pinch of sea salt
• 2 tablespoons toffee vodka (optional)
• 75 grams butter
• Popping candy (optional)
• 2 tablespoons caster sugar
1. Butterscotch sauce: In a small saucepan, heat the butter, brown sugar and 100 milliliters of the cream until the sugar has dissolved over a medium heat. Once bubbling pour into a large bowl, add the salt and stir in the vodka (if using) and leave to cool.
2. For the mousse: Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks, then add the caster sugar and whisk again into stiff peaks. In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining cream to soft peaks.
3. Fold 3/4 of the cream into the cooled butterscotch mixture and then fold through the meringue mix until no large white lumps remain.
4. Spoon into two beer or decorative glasses, then top with the remaining cream and a sprinkle of popping candy to look like beer foam. Chill before serving or enjoy immediately.